Playing with Ian Woosnam at Woburn

Monday 4 May 2009

Son Gual Seniors Open

Bank Holiday Monday

With only four days to go before I stand on the first tee in Majorca it's time for last minute preparation. It's too late to work on any part of my long game, the hours have been put in over the last two months - it's time for fine tuning and short game work - and packing!

Just looked up the weather for the weekend, sunny and warm so no need for sweaters, perhaps I will be able to wear the shirts I bought last year that never had an airing...too wet!

Myra's on the bag this week, not her first time, we finished 28th last year at Stoke by Nayland (Yes - where I was fined for 'club abuse'). Every week I see much worse than my only loss of temper in the year. Can't believe I was reported.

If you can stand it, have a look at live scoring which you can access on the link above, and check out my latest articles on Suite101.com. Apart from practising I've used my spare time to write (furiously - 40 articles to date). Mainly about golf, but other topics as well. You can access the site on this link for all my articles http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/johnhoskison or go to my web site where there's a link to the last three.

After the Son Gual Open I will post all the news on this blog, and will let you know what's happening on the Seniors Tour.

Any questions you have about golf please ask - might even write an article about it!

7 comments:

John Hoskison said...

Let us know any good stories from the Tour.

John Hoskison said...

Just checking this works! The more comments the better.

Paul Tebbutt said...

Hi John,
The very best of luck to you (and of course Myra!) in Spain.
Cheers, Paul T.

Peter Cunliffe said...

Hoski. Remember UCS Junior Colts 1974 40-0 100 metre solo effort for best try of the season! Go for it. Best, Peter C

Rich said...

Hi John! Great to hear from you again. All the very best for later this week....swing it well like you used to!! Peter was over from Spain this weekend, hopefully you're still in touch with him too. Keep in touch. Rich

John Hoskison said...

Hey guys good to hear from you too. Peter, I remember the try - God knows how I did that. And Richard I sent this Blog address to Peter in my email.
Off to Sunny Spain now - fingers crossed!

michael said...

howz it goin wee man, god it seems years since the open at troon. good luck this week from the jersey jock. ps isnt myra a bit old for carrying bags now. ha ha . pps just remember , a bogey gets ye a slap, a birdie cancels it out. goog luck see you in sunny jersey hopefully. x