Playing with Ian Woosnam at Woburn

Monday 11 May 2009

Son Gual Open Result

Hi there,

Arrived back from Mallorca late last night. I've never been to the Spainish Island before, the amount of holiday makers was incredible. I tried running on the road next to the beach everyday and it was like making my way through the pack!

Result 74- 73 -73 = +4 38th approx 1500 Euro (just enough to pay the bills and Myras caddie fees!) Mark James won the tournament in a play off with Eamonn Darcy.

The course Son Gual was fantastic, fast undulating greens, well positioned bunkers and lots of water. I will be interested to see my stats for the week on the European Tour Web site on the Son Gual results page. I know I was 3rd in driving accuracy and 7th in distance on the frist day.

I was also well up on greens in regulation, but I'm sure I will be too low down when it comes to putting. Although I didn't three putt once, I missed too many from fifteen feet - don't think I could take another lip out!!

Next European Seniors event is Ireland (Ballybunion) and I find out if I'm playing on Friday when the entries close.

Will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Paul Tebbutt said...

Well done John - steady start to the season.
Obviously too much practise on the Newbury greens ?!?!? ;-)
All the best, Paul.